Healthy exercise SPS
Spiral stabilization exercise (SM – system)
Accredited healthy exercises and techniques according to the SPS spiral stabilization system (former name SM system) by Dr. Smíšek. A technique used in treatment, regeneration and prevention
Course of the procedure
- diagnosis of muscle activity and posture of your body while standing and moving
- explanation and demonstration of suitable exercises directly for you with help
- record a video with commentary on your phone of how you do the exercises so you don’t forget them and can return to them at any time
- in the case of shortened and very stiff muscles, manual stretching
- I recommend at least two visits to check the performed exercises and for possible adjustments
|Duration||Price||With season ticket|
- Theoretically clear? But how to make it work automatically
- Are your body weight more on the balls of your feet?
- Do you have a forward head?
- Are you familiar with a hunched, closed chest and front shoulders?
- Do you have a bow in your hips?
- How about “V” or “X” shaped feet?
- If the answer to at least one question is “Yes”, then there is a high probability that, due to incorrect posture, you are overloading your muscles, joints and spine, and sooner or later pain and other health complications will appear.
- Spiral stabilization exercises can help you align your posture and thus prevent pain.
ORDINARY ACTIVITIES – COMPENSATION AND EXTENSION OF MOVEMENT
- Are you a “modern” person and spend most of your time sitting or standing at work, school, car, home or anywhere else?
- In static positions, muscles tend to stiffen and shorten. This creates pressure on the joints, spine, and other organs.
- Not exactly good news, is it?!
- By practicing spiral stabilization, you not only stretch and release tension, but you teach the brain that even in “modern” times, there is still a “moment” when your body can rest, relax and not be in permanent tension.
- In order to improve and maintain long-term performance during sports activities, spiral stabilization exercises are used not only to teach correct posture and strengthen the abdominal muscles, but also as a compensatory exercise for functional stretching and correcting muscle imbalances, since most sports are physically devastating to the body.
- Thanks to exercise, you can improve your performance and be healthy on top of that.
- More than one soccer player or cyclist suffered a heart attack, even though their thighs were soaked, but the chest area, on the other hand, was neglected.
- Do you go to the gym, exercise, do yoga or work out at home?
- Are they telling you from different sides that you need to strengthen the “core” of the body? (By the way, do you know which muscles are really meant?)
- Do you do the “plank“?
- Or maybe sit-ups to make those buns look good?
- If the answer to the last two questions above is “Yes”, you are most likely going to destroy your back soon. Most of the strength exercises you can find around you are really “strength” exercises – there’s no arguing with that. But! Why strengthen, solidify something rigid, which needs to be loosened, stretched?
- E.g. in the aforementioned sit-ups or planks, you strengthen the straight abdominal muscles, but also the back muscles (in most cases, also the hamstrings) thanks to the large body weight, which stiffen even more and “crushe” your vertebral discs, hips, and pelvis from both sides.
- Most people have overworked back muscles, erectors, from normal activities, sitting, standing. So why strain them even more!
- By practicing spiral stabilization, you can strengthen the right muscle groups, create a beautiful slim figure, and enjoy a well-developed, relaxed and stretched body.
Hobbies and leisure activities
- Do you do bona fide “healthy” exercise or physical activity?
- Often, out of confidence, ignorance or fads, a person succumbs to an activity that appears at first glance to be super healthy.
- The goal of spiral stabilization exercises is not to discourage you from these activities. The aspect that the activity brings you joy is also important.
- But what exercise can give you is an insight into whether performing such exercises can be done “healthier“, so as not to overload the risk areas. Alternatively, they have decided for themselves whether this activity is suitable for you.
- In the pictures, I give an example of a runner who, due to an incorrect center of gravity, overloads the whole body, runs in flexion, does not stretch. In this case, spiral stabilization is a great exercise to achieve good posture while running.
- The second image refers to today’s “modern” Nordic walking. Is your neck stiff? The idea is good, but not many can hold the poles properly so that the shoulders can move properly and freely. Spiral stabilization also uses sticks as an aid in some exercises, but “a little” differently.
A movement that regenerates
- Generally, these are natural movements such as walking, running.
- But watch out! It needs to be done smartly.
- When done correctly, whether walking or running, the whole body is involved, mainly the abdomen, the weight of the whole body is in the center of the vertical axis (not in forward or backward bend).
- By properly moving your shoulders and pelvis, you relax and stretch overworked muscles, joints and spine throughout your body.
- After a proper walk or run, you can feel refreshed and stretched.
- Exercise helps you learn not only to stand correctly, but also to move freely.
Performing spiral stabilization exercises
It’s a smart exercise that teaches your body to move automatically so that the right muscles are activated, other parts are not overloaded, and at the same time it relaxes and the body has the opportunity to regenerate and move without pain.
- Most of the exercises are done standing if you can stand. You can also sit down. Compared to other types of exercise, it is a very valuable “know how” because it uses information from the foot that something is happening, and the brain reacts naturally that something should be activated or relaxed somewhere.
- At the same time, it is also a benefit of this exercise, because it can be performed by almost anyone, including pregnant women.
- The exercises are not physically demanding, so most people can do them. It’s not a cardio workout, you won’t get tired. There may also be stronger variants for athletes.
WHAT DOES EXERCISE DO?
- Many good things : )
- In addition to helping with the mentioned problems resulting from faulty body posture, it increases the range of movement, helps to regenerate the spine as the only method known so far in the Czech Republic by reducing the pressure on the intervertebral spaces – it creates natural traction of the spine thanks to the strengthening of the right muscles (muscular corset).
- In this way, it can eliminate scoliotic posture to a large extent, or significantly improve the condition.
- As a massage therapist, I meet clients who often have associated health problems (vertebrovisceral and cervicovisceral relationships) such as esophageal reflux, uterine cysts, indigestion, migraines with spinal overload. Exercise therefore has a beneficial effect on other organs, not just muscles and joints.
A CHAIN OF MUSCLES CONNECTED INTO A SPIRAL
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR EXERCISE?
- Special cord designed for spiral stabilization. Some people call it exercise with a rubber band. It can be bought normally via the internet or directly from me. Unfortunately, it cannot be done without a rope. The exercise technique draws precisely from its effectiveness. However, it is compact, so you can take it anywhere when needed.
- The will to exercise, not to give up after a few exercises. At first, the exercises may seem technically demanding. Many of us are actually learning to walk again, but better.
- They are simple, easy exercises. After a few days, with honest practice, it will become automatic for you and it will be a easy without thinking.
- Exercise will soon pay off.
HOW LONG DOES EXERCISE TAKE?
- Significantly less time compared to other methods. It is always individual and it depends on what your goal is – if you already have a problem in the form of a herniated disc, back pain, scoliosis or as prevention and compensation. So from a few minutes a day. However, regularity is important, ie. make exercise a routine at a certain time of day, just like you brush your teeth every day.
- According to the scientific literature, it takes the brain about 14 days (at a time) to learn and automate a new movement, so the more often you practice, the faster you will automate the movement and the correct posture.
- To what extent and for how long the body posture can be corrected during deformation is always individual.
- Realize that you have been warped for probably several years (even decades). Allow the healing process some time as well. Be patient. Depending on your situation, you can expect the resulting effect from just a few days. In the case of a herniated disc, several months to a year.
- If you don’t exercise every day, there’s not much point in exercising. Just like regular teeth cleaning, the spine and other joints need to be taken care of.
- After all, it keeps us going all our lives.
where can you exercise?
- Anywhere where you can hook or wrap the rope around something stable – whether at home or at work behind a table leg, doorknob, radiator, pole, outside behind a bench, road sign or tree, etc. There is always something to be found.
- From my own experience, I recommend having a permanent place where the rope is always ready, so you can practice at any time.
- If you have your favorite music, play it while you exercise to make it even more relaxing.
ARE THERE ALSO GROUP EXERCISES?
- Yes. However, the exercise is tailored a little differently for everyone.
- First, you need to learn the exercises individually, according to your physical needs, master the technique, and then you can go to group exercises as a supplement to your daily exercise.
When there is already pain
The spiral stabilization technique corrects faulty posture of the body and thus serves not only as a prevention of pain, but also as a regeneration when the pain is already there – e.g. something presses on the spinal cord, nerves (herniated disc, displacement of the vertebrae, etc.), and the pain shoots into your legs , hands, hip pain, knee pain, you have trouble breathing and other health complications occur.
ABSORPTION AND HEALING OF A PROPHIATED DISC WITH SPS EXERCISES
With the natural traction of the spine thanks to the spiral muscle corset, muscle tension is released, the intervertebral space increases and the disc can regenerate
Are there limits for exercise?
- It is up to you how you can adjust your other activities and limit them in case of pain. As an example, if you have a broken leg, it is not entirely appropriate to run a marathon for a while in order for it to heal. The same in the case of pain, while doing exercise other physical activities that would constantly cause pain should be avoided. May you be able to return to them in good health after some time.
- Exercise will help you to eliminate the cause of bad posture, but if you stress your body otherwise, the problem will not disappear.
- If you are a smoker, I recommend that you stop smoking for your spine as well. From a study of thousands of patients in 2000, it was proven that smokers have several times the risk of suffering from disc degeneration and subsequent spinal problems compared to non-smokers.
- Exercise is not limited by age – ie. from the little ones who can already walk and work together. There is no upper age limit.
are you waiting for spine surgery?
- In many cases, surgery can be avoided just by doing spiral stabilization exercises. They shouldn’t let you go to yoga with pain.
- If surgery is really necessary (e.g. large displacement of vertebrae, extreme scoliosis with complications, spinal injuries), then even in this situation, exercise has a great effect both for muscle relaxation before surgery and regeneration after surgery.
- Every operation entails permanent limitations with necessary rehabilitation, so it should really only be the last possible option.
- From the experience of customers and colleagues, unfortunately, rehabilitation is often not sufficient and of high quality.
What are the other benefits of exercise?
- Exercise will move and relax your entire body.
- It can help you, for example, in the area
- pelvis – urological problems,
- chest – breathing,
- cervical spine – tension headaches, blood flow to the brain,
- blood circulation – blood flow to the heart, etc.
- The exercise helps to strengthen the whole body – buttocks, obliques – slim waist, interscapular muscles, which pull your shoulders nicely back and down, so you naturally walk upright.
- Especially suitable for women with large breasts who are considering unnecessary breast surgery, which can lead to other problems.
DO YOU EXERCISE DIFFERENT METHODS ACCORDING TO PHYSIOTHERAPISTS?
- I am happy if you tell me what exercises someone has recommended (prescribed) to you, and if necessary, we will limit them if they should worsen the condition in the long term.
- Conservative medicine and physiotherapy do not always help.
- Unfortunately, spiral stabilization is often only discovered by people as a last resort when “standard” procedures have not helped.
- At the same time, the solution can be quite simple without surgery and strenuous physical exercises with a short-term effect.
ARE THE EXERCISE RESULTS BACKED UP BY THE STUDIES?
- Yes. And it’s one of the reasons why I decided on this method.
- The individual exercises are based on movements and muscle activity that have just been investigated in medical studies. So it is nice to see in which phase of the exercise which muscle is active and which is being stretched.
- It is also supported by the results of magnetic resonance imaging that, for example, a herniated intervertebral disc is completely absorbed and healed during exercise.
Comparison of two solutions for spinal pain
CONSERVATIVE TREATMENT, SUPPRESSIVE DRUGS, SURGERY
Cause (poor posture)
- Recurrence, constant cause of pain
- Rehabilitation, long-term exercise
- High, painful, risk of complications
Time / financial demand
- High, recurring expenses, restrictions at work
SPIRal stabilization sps
- Long term
Cause (poor posture)
- Corrected, it doesn´t exist yet.
- Regenerative/ preventive exercise
- Easy, painless, without complications
Time / financial demand
- Low, one-time expense, with no other restrictions
MY OWN EXPERIENCE, I ACTIVELY EXERCISE
- Yes. The work of a masseur is physically one of the most strenuous in itself, and additional physical exertion and health problems did not take long to arrive.
- My rib began to block and my lumbar region became stiff and painful. Well, what about that?
- The SPS method showed me why this was happening to me and which muscles were responsible for it all. Well, the solution in the form of compensatory exercise helped me.
- I exercise at least in the morning and in the evening, and the problems have just settled down. Thanks to active practice, I can offer you my own valuable tips and experience.
Since not everyone who offers exercises has completed a complete course consisting of several parts, I am listing the certificates here:
- Basic exercises 1AB
- Manual techniques 1CD
- Lumbar spine 2A
- Cervical and thoracic spine 2B
- Upper extremity 3A
- Lower limb 3B
- Muscle chains 4AB
- Scoliosis 5AB
- Vertebrovisceral relations 6AB
- Sports 7AB
- X-ray and MR diagnostics
- Repetition of 9AB exercises with instructor accreditation